- Q. What is GEOADRS?
- Q. How does Geoadrs work?
- Q. What is required to create a Geoadrs?
- Q. How to create a Geoadrs?
- Q. How to select Geoadrs?
- Q. How to use Geoadrs?
- Q. How to get the geo-coordinates?
- Q. In what format should the Geo-coordinates be entered?
- Q. What is Geoadrs App?
- Q. What is QR Code?
- Q. What is the advantage of using QR Code?
- Q. What happens when I change my address?
Q. What is GEOADRS?
- A. Geoadrs is a modern age address system based on geo-coordinates.It points to geo-coordinates of users location in our database. It is a user defined alpha-numeric string, like india.gate which makes it user friendly and easy to remember.
Q. How does Geoadrs work?
- A.Geoadrs database is hosted on web at our website http://geoadrs.com.
A click on Geoadrs web link, like http://geoadrs.com/india.gate retrieves the location data from our database for display in browser or on map.
Q. What is required to create a Geoadrs?
- A. A valid email ID is a must to create a Geoadrs. E mail ID is used by us to communicate during and after creation of geoadrs.
Q. How to create a Geoadrs?
- A. You are required to go to the Contact Us page and fill in the required data for a new Geoadrs.
For Corporates: Our representative will contact you with the required information.
For Individuals: Click on Create in the header of the page. It will redirect you to the data entry form. Fill the form as required and locate the place on the map or the coordinates can also be directly entered.
You’ll receive a confirmation mail. Verify the mail id by opening the link mentioned in it. Your Geoadrs will be created.
Q. How to select Geoadrs?
- A.It can contain 8-20 characters; lowercase alphabets, numerals and two special characters, period (.) and under-score (_).
- Geoadrs must begin with an alphabet and end with either an alphabet or a numeral, it cannot begin with a numeral or a special character, and end with a special character.
Q. How to use Geoadrs?
- A.Click on the Geoadrs and it will be directed to a page in the browser with the details about the location and a button to open the map.
For Smartphone: A click on the map button will launch the native map App on your phone for navigation and to receive turn by turn voice instructions.
For desktop PC: A click on the map will launch google maps on the browser with a pointer dropped at the location.
Q. How to get the geo-coordinates?
- A. Geo-coordinates can be easily read by turning ON the GPS of smartphone and using either of the following Apps:
- i. Android Users : My GPS Coordinates App -
- ii. IOS Users : GPS Device Data App -
- iii. Windows Users : GPS Satellite App -
- iv. Blackberry Users: GPS Tool App -
- Note: The accuracy should preferably be better than 10 metres, but not more than 20 metres.
Q. In what format should the Geo-coordinates be entered?
- A. Geo-coordinates should be entered in decimal degrees format (dd.dddd). If the coordinates are available in some other format the following link can be used to convert them into decimal degree format.
Q. What is Geoadrs App?
- A. Geoadrs App is designed to assist you in managing records of the geoadrses by maintaining a directory, to make retrieval easy. It also creates a history of geoadrses.
Q. What is QR Code?
- A. QR Code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is a two dimensional bar code developed by Denso Wave to efficiently store large amount of data. A QR code consists of black modules (square dots) arranged in a square grid on a white background, which can be read by an imaging device, such as a Smartphone camera with scanner App.
Q. What is the advantage of using QR Code?
- A. Geoadrs embedded in QR Code can easily be scanned by a Smartphone to read the web link obviating the need to enter the same manually.
Q. What happens when I change my address?
- A. Geoadrs is dynamic; you can modify your address keeping the same Geoadrs. All you need to do is go to the Contact Us page and put in a request.